18 May 2005

Whole-wheat pasta that tastes good? Yep.

Leave it to the NYTs Marian Burros to do the taste-testing for us: she's now convinced that there are some whole-wheat pastas that actually do taste good. Not all of them—some of the extruded shapes, like orecchiete and fusilli, still don't have the right taste or texture—but your typical lasagna or straight noodle like spaghetti or fetuccine, are fine.

In "Sources: Worthy of Your Best Sauce," she lists the best brands. (If you're viewing this a week or two later than when this article appeared, the "sources" link may have gone behind the archive firewall; click on the main story's link, above, and you may be able to get to it.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kent!

My eyeballs are rolling. I've been eating and enjoying whole grain pasta for years, and if I find one that tastes like it's made with white flour, it's outa here! There are a few products on her list that I use and enjoy, and can't imagine why she would like them if white flour is her standard. *mental head smack*

You know who I am, but online I'm...

Nonny, Queen of the Ranger Babes

;)